Mission Statement: Our goal at Northwest Skate and Hockey Skills is (1) enjoyable fun instruction, and (2) train your son/daughter/adult to be first and foremost a better skater, more confident at stick handling and protecting the puck, increase velocity and accuracy of puck shooting, develop heads up hockey play, improve strategic game awareness and hockey sense and overall become a better/smarter hockey player.
“EXTRA EDGE” TEACHES A SKATER:
- EXECUTE PRECISE TECHNIQUE
- QUICK REACTION TIME
- STRATEGIC GAME AWARENESS
- EXPAND THEIR LIMITS
The ExtraEdge curriculum develops skaters that
- grip the ice with their skates more confidently,
- have more explosive starts,
- explosive lateral movement
- and explosive stops,
but in addition teaches how to skate more efficiently so during the final period of the game they still have energy to compete effectively but also to dominate the ice.
Power skating instructions focuses on
- posture (chin up etc.) and balance,
- articulation of the body,
- and utilization of the blade’s inside edges and especially the outside edges.
Skating instruction is taught by breaking down skating elements into small fundamental movements.
We cover all aspects of hockey skating from
- lateral cross overs and cross unders,
- Mohawk turn,
- forward-backward transitions,
- parallel and staggered stops,
- one foot stop on outside edge,
- quick starts,
- and more.
Private and Group Hockey Skating & Hockey Lessons